Coastal Carolina Riverwatch is seeking two interns for the summer of 2021.
Coastal Carolina Riverwatch (CCRW) is a grassroots organization driven by citizen volunteers. Our mission is to protect and enhance the waters, land, and communities of eastern North Carolina. We accomplish these goals through strong environmental advocacy, education, watershed monitoring, supporting environmental policy and law, and promoting citizen responsibility and stewardship. CCRW coordinates two Waterkeeper Alliance programs in our service area, Crystal Coast Waterkeeper and White Oak-New Riverkeeper Alliance.
Interns will be assisting on the Water Quality for Fisheries program, focused on building stakeholder and public support for improving water quality for NC fisheries. Interns will assist with marketing and outreach, data review, organization and logistics, and field work. Compensation is $15.00/hour. Expected commitment is 30 hours per week for 12 weeks. Interns will work primarily out of the Morehead City, NC office with some negotiation for remote working. Covid-19 precautions will be in place.
- Development of a marketing and outreach campaign promoting the goals, content, and outcomes of the Fisheries campaign
- Supporting communications including social media, web content, newsletters, press releases
- Graphic design
- Identifying and compiling current water quality research and policies
- Translating campaign data into outreach content
- Assist in organizing facilitated stakeholder meetings related to campaign
- General support of CCRW’s operations, programs, and projects
- Accompaniment on unique field experiences such as documentary filming, water quality testing, watershed patrols, and more
- College upperclassmen, graduate student, or recently graduated
- Strong writing, communication, and teamworking skills
- Proficient in social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter
- Commitment to CCRW’s mission of protecting the environment
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud products
- Familiarity with WordPress
- Video creation
- Experience in community engagement, volunteering, or non-profits
- Coursework in communications, marketing, data analysis, graphic design, media, environmental studies/sciences
Please send resume, cover letter, and three references to CCRW Program Coordinator, Rebecca Drohan, at RebeccaD@coastalcarolinariverwatch.org prior to April 8, 2021. If desired, attach examples of original graphic design or digital marketing content. Visit www.coastalcarolinariverwatch.org to learn more about CCRW’s work.
CCRW is committed to fostering, cultivating, and empowering a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We embrace and encourage differences in race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical and mental ability, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and other.