Through environmental education, the public gains a better understanding of ecosystem functions and services and the role of humans within these systems. Clean water is fundamental to all life as we know it. Our actions directly impact water quality in the areas in which we live, and beyond. When we better understand the natural world and become more aware of issues and threats, we become compelled to act in ways that are more considerate to the environment and impacted communities. Public education builds solidarity on environmental issues and empowers us all to make a difference together.
We wholeheartedly believe that a truly sustainable future must be inclusive for all. We strive to make environmental education accessible to all members of our community so that we may all move forward together. We especially focus on young people so that we may inspire a new generation of environmental stewards.
Some of our environmental education initiatives include:
- Watershed pollution demonstrations. We use Enviroscape, an interactive watershed model to demonstrate how pollution moves from land to water, and its various sources. Look for this tabletop model at events. Longer, in-depth, programming using this educational tool can be arranged for scouts, schools, churches.
- Producing short educational films like Seismic Truth. Films on other topics will be explored in the near future.
- Speaking to groups, workshops, field education, documentary screenings.
- Working with Scouts and after school programs.
- Helping to educate businesses, staff, and consumers on reducing plastic waste through the Ocean Friendly Establishment program.
Contact us to book a presentation, talk, or documentary for your group. Topics and length can be tailored to meet your needs.