Coastal Carolina Riverwatch is partnering with The CMAST youth program, Sea Wolves, Science Explorers, and the Rotary Passport Club’s Sea Scout Ship 7730 to combine to offer a very unique program that will provide the opportunities and benefits of all programs.
The program is targeting young adults age 14-20 and adult leaders who are interested in:
• Paddlesports and boating
• Marine Science & Environmental Science
• Service Learning/ Volunteer work
• Documentary Video/ Science Communications
• Camping and outdoor adventures
• Citizen Science with local scientist and agencies
• Youth Leadership Opportunities
This program will fill the needs of many of our area youth. It will provide opportunities for youth to build up a resume to use for college and work. Students will work on real science projects and complete community service hours needed for scholarships.
A unique feature of this program is that students will be registered as both Sea Scouts and Rotary Interactors. This is a great opportunity to add membership in two great organizations to resumes and to participate in local and international service and leadership programs.
Some of the activities may include:
• Serving as staff members for scouting programs
• Attending Rotary International Youth Leadership Academies.
• Volunteer work with the US Forest Service, Coastal Land Trust, Coastal Carolina Riverwatch, and more.
• Science Communications to include making video documentaries and hosting Coastal Teen Science Cafes.
• Outdoor Activities such as camping, kayaking, fishing.
• Participation in national and international events
The most exciting feature of this program is the partnership with many of our community organizations that will provide a program that will provide young people age 14-20 with opportunities to socialize and interact with like-minded young people and to develop and lead a program that meets their needs and interests.
For more information and registration email Coastal Carolina Riverwatch Program Coordinator at email@example.com
To learn more about the programs visit: