Make a difference in your waterways. Become a Volunteer Water Quality Monitor! See below for requirements and duties. Email RebeccaD@coastalcarolinariverwatch.org for consideration or questions.
– 18 years of age and up
– Attend a virtual orientation and an in-field training session
– Must have own transportation
– Ability to work in the Jacksonville/Richlands/Swansboro areas
– Must have Tuesday availability. Sampling occurs every other Tuesday from 8 am-1 pm. (This position can be split between a few volunteers. Scheduling arrangements can be made.)
– Assist in carrying equipment to and from water sampling sites. Maximum of 10lbs
– Assist in collecting water samples to be analyzed for bacterial content
– Assist in recording sampling field data
Volunteers are eligible for letters of recommendation, references, and community service hours for school, work, military, etc.